A thread lift (face neck) is a delicate cosmetic procedure that gently lifts your sagging skin, returning it to its original contours. For our patients, it can be a less invasive alternative to a surgical face lift without the cost, potential risks and downtime.
Our surgeons, Dr Sam Botoros and Dr Prochazka are the national trainers for absorbable threads and have successfully performed hundreds of thread lifting procedures.
FAQ: Thread Lift (Face & Neck Lift) Sydney
Absorbable thread lifting is a new technology compared to the older style permanent threads. Ever since its introduction to the Australian market, it has proved highly successful towards patient satisfaction. There are also fewer complications associated with the procedure.
Absorbable threads can be combined with other cosmetic procedures. We regularly combine threads with dermal fillers, fat transfer and skin resurfacing procedures as part of our makeovers.
Suitable candidates for thread lifting are those who are experiencing mild to moderate sagging of facial tissues, usually those in their forties to late fifties. These types of patients generally do not want or are not ready for surgery but want something more than what cosmetic injectables or skin resurfacing/skin tightening procedures can offer.
If you have experienced any of the following conditions you may be a viable thread lifting candidate:
- Mild – Moderate sagging and laxity of the skin in the cheeks, eyebrows, jowls and neck.
- Effects of a previous face-lift or neck-lift are wearing off.
- A younger patient with cheek and brow sagging caused by weakened tissue/ recent weight loss.
Thread lifting can be used to:
- Lift and add volume to sagging cheeks
- Elevate sagging brows
- Elevate and refresh marionette lines and nasolabial folds
- Support and revitalise the neck area
- Correct asymmetry of the brow and face
- Revitalise and lift the jowl area.
A personal consultation with your surgeon is the first step for any patient considering thread lifting. We will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss your aesthetic goals, and address any questions or concerns you may have.
Issues you should be prepared to discuss during consultation are:
- All medical conditions, both past and present
- Current medications, including nutritional supplements and herbal remedies
- Past surgeries
- Other treatments you have received
Absorbable thread lifting is performed under local anaesthesia as a walk-in walk-out procedure in under 60 minutes. Most patients tolerate the thread lifting procedure really well and are often surprised how quick and easy it is to have done.
Threads are inserted deep under the skin using fine needles and there is no cutting or stitching involved. Threads are not visible on the skin’s outer surface.
There are two main types of Absorbable threads:
- Lifting Threads
- Revitalizing Threads
As the name suggests, Lifting Threads are used to lift the sagging facial tissue. The Revitalizing Threads are primarily used to rejuvenate and thicken sun damaged and fragile skin.
Unsuitable candidates for thread lifting include:
- Patients with very thin, fragile skin associated with advanced facial ageing.
- Patients with heavy jowls and excess skin, which require surgical
- Patients who do not have realistic expectations.
- Those with any medical contraindications.
Most patients can go back to work the same day after thread lifting. However, some patients may require a supportive micropore tape applied on top of the skin to take the pressure off the threads and help them settle in place over the first 3 days.
Most patients report longevity of up to 3 years. Due to the absorbable nature of threads, more threads can be inserted at any time to maintain the results over years to come.
Pricing starts from $2600.
Because ageing is a continuous process, no anti-ageing procedure can be classed as permanent. Threading also wears off over time and may need to be re-done.
Older patients who are looking to subtly lift their skin can enjoy the benefits of threading. However, it is important to have realistic expectations.
Thread lifts are minimally invasive and require minimal recovery time. Most patients can resume light activities the next day.