For a more full or shapely look, breast augmentation, also known as mammoplasty, may offer the enhancement you seek. Breast augmentation also corrects concerns such as asymmetry and tubular breasts. As each patient has a different frame and body type, we work closely with you to tailor the type, size and placement of breast implants for your desired outcome.
Breast augmentation can be performed individually or work in conjunction with a breast lift. During your personalised consultation, our surgeon will determine the best method to achieve the desired look, feel and shape for you.
At ICCM, we want every women to love their shape. We understand cosmetic surgery can be a costly affair so we’ve put together an exclusive package.
FAQ: Breast Augmentation & Implants Sydney
- Patients who feel they have small breasts or no breasts and would like to achieve a fuller bust.
- Patients who may have lost weight or breast-fed and feel their breasts have deflated or have lost that upper cleavage look of the breast.
- Patients with asymmetry or tubular breasts.
Our surgeons take the time to listen to you.
Once we establish your personal requirements we measure the width of your shoulders, breasts and space between the nipple to your breast crease. This allows us to work out the proper breast size in order to achieve symmetry and proportion for your body. For patients wanting a larger look we can also determine what size your breast implants can safely go up to.
You will be involved in the entire process, from start to finish.
ICCM only uses cohesive, non-liquid silicone gel. The cohesive gel has a “sponge like” effect. When the implant is put under moderate pressure it will change shape and when that pressure is released it will bounce back to shape. The cohesiveness of the gel ensures that even if an implant is cut, the gel will not leak and the implant will hold its shape (much like the consistency of Turkish delight).
The silicone we use is certified for long-term implantation.
There are two shapes of implants:
- Round implants – which have an even spread of volume
- Anatomical shaped implants (tear drop) – which are inspired by the natural shape of the breast and follow the females’ natural shape.
The cohesive gel implants used have two different coatings:
- Textured or rough surface implants – these reduce the rate of capsular hardening or contracture and have a lower rate of pocket movement.
- Smooth implants – have less chance of the implant wrinkling or dimpling later in life.
You can choose to have breast augmentation before or after pregnancy. However to be safe and achieve the optimum results, we recommend the following:
- Waiting 6 months after childbirth and/or breast-feeding before having surgery.
- Delay pregnancy for 2 years after breast augmentation.
There is no evidence to prove that breast augmentation affects breast-feeding. If this is a concern of yours we recommend choosing to have the implant inserted under the muscle, as opposed to inserting the implant through the nipple-areolar.
Please note that prolonged breast-feeding will increase the possibility of stretch marks on the breasts and can make the breast drop, which may or may not require surgical correction.
Our cosmetic surgeons preferred technique for breast augmentation is made via a small 4-5cm incision just underneath the
breast, in the crease. This is the most common place for the incision as it’s very discreet and the placement of the implants is more even.
Although thousands of people undergo breast augmentation each year and experience no major complications, all surgical procedures do carry some degree of risk.
It is important you’re well informed of these risks when considering breast augmentation. The discussion of potential risks and complications is one of the most important aspects of patient consultation. During your consultation, we will discuss these potential complications with you, listen to your safety questions and offer recommendations on how to minimise your chances of risk.
General anaesthetic is used but light sedation may be more suited to some patients.
Recovery/downtime varies from person to person although, it is usually dependent on your personal circumstances, such as career and lifestyle.
For placement of the implant under or on top of the muscle we generally recommend 1 week off work. For patients who work from home/on a computer, we recommend a return after day 4. Complete pre and post-operative care instructions will be given to you at your initial breast augmentation consultation or via email.
Breast Augmentation Package: $6950 (including GST)
- Surgeons fees
- Theatre fees
- Anaesthetists fees
- Surgical bra
- Follow up visits (with surgeon and registered nurse)
- Complimentary Skin treatments x6
- $6,950.00 (round implants)
- $8,950.00 (teardrop implants)
- $150 consultation fee is redeemable should you go ahead with surgery
- Skin treatments include skin peel and led light therapy x6.